Meet Mario.
This is Mario after a haircut.
This is how it happened.
Look how different and OLDER he looks!
(he's playing with his Home Depot tool set, which he loves!)
We will now return to the story of Mario.
Mario went to the church for a Halloween party in his Wild Wings, kart dragging a couple bananas for other racers to slip on. This was a prep race for the ultimate Halloween 500, which was a couple days later.
This is Mario at the Halloween 500. Steering kept him entrertained while he rounded up some candy from his fans.
Mario's friends Tommy, the Monkey, and Coulter, the Mummy, came along too.
And his friend, Adam, the Indian, came a little late, but all 4 friends had a blast trick or treating during the Halloween 500!
After trick or treating, they made homemade doughnuts.
And a ginormous pumpkin sugar cookie.
And drank some yummy apple cider.
Mario got tired and went to bed early. But everyone had a lot of fun!
The End.
Anyways, yeah, Gavin got a haircut on Friday, the day before Halloween. He was really good about it. I put a blanket under him to catch his hair on so that it wouldn't get dirt mixed in. Worked really well. I cut off a lot of hair!! And just like I was afraid of, he grew up after the haircut! He looks like a toddler now. And his hair is a lot lighter, too. Not sure how I feel about it. I might grow it out again. He was kind of cute shaggy. But here's a couple shots from today so you can get a better feel for his haircut.
I got the cute vest at Kid to Kid for $1.50 this week. So cute huh! He looks so grown up now!
And he loves finger walking. He does laps around our first floor. And he has really firgured out his walker. He gets that little thing cruising and knows how to steer around things and back up and manuever around. Smart kid.
We had so much fun getting ready for Halloween! I have looked forward to dressing him up. Davis did the kart. He did a really good job and spent hours getting it just right! At the ward party, kids kept coming up and telling us they knew Gavin was Mario. One little boy followed us around all night. We didn't know this until his mom asked if he could have a ride in the Mario Kart and told us he'd been following us! Our jog stroller worked perfect for the kart. We were wishing we had put Halloween music on our MP3 player to play on the jogging stroller's speakers so we could listen to scary music while we walked around. Oh well. Maybe next year.


6 comments:
What a cute little Mario! Looks like you had a fun Halloween and such a cute idea! Gavin does look all grown up with his haircut! Did you keep any of it? I'm glad he was good for you. We have to cute Joel's hair about every 3 weeks and there are times where it comes out loooking a little scary because he won't sit still!!! Good job and good luck!
Dressing Gavin up as Mario was brilliant!!!
Gavin rocked it!!! It was fun to tag along for trick or treating your pics are great :) Where is the pic of your cow outfit? ;)
I LOVE his racing car! That is the coolest thing ever!
AWESOME! I am so impressed with that Mario Cart!!! WOW!!! Cute haircut, too!
So SUPER cute!!! And I love Gavin's haircut... I know what you mean about the growing up thing. I think that is something that mommies grow to hate! :) Anyway, so fun... Wish we could have seen the halloween costume in person.
Post a Comment