This past week was a really busy one, so I didn't get any new pictures of Gavin. But since this is our family journal, I wanted to post on Gavin's latest things.
He turned 11 months old on Saturday. He will be turning 1 year old in less than a month. I so excited to plan his party! :)
He's learned how to say "hi" and says it to everyone. Even in Sunday School yesterday. People kept asking us if it was him saying "hi" during the lesson. Yep, our little guy was saying hi to all the cute baby girls in the back of the class. He just watched them, he was too scared to play with them. Smart boy. And yesterday when I went to get him up from his afternoon nap, as soon as I opened the door, I heard a "Hi!" from the crib. SO cute! It's such a fun word for him to say. He also says "Mama" and "Dada". (yes, music to our ears!)
He can now push himself backwards on his tummy. But then rolls over. Sorry, I don't think Gav-Man is going to be a crawler.
He has started to pull up a little bit. Not very strong yet. His tiny arms are rather squishy. Maybe we should start him on bench pressing regime or something. ;)
He's pretty good at standing while holding onto something and has started to take steps and grab onto something else near by, so cruising *just might* be in the near future. And when he lets go of what he's holding onto, he can stand for about 3-4 seconds before losing his balance.
A friend lent us a walker and he's really enjoying that. I think that will help him in learning to walk. {Don't worry mom, we keep it DOWNstairs.}
Gavin's hair is getting a bit long. Still debating whether I should cut it or not. I think it's kind of cute all shaggy. I think he'll grow up too much when I cut it. So I've been putting it off. Maybe I'll do that on his 1st birthday or something. We'll see.
He got a hold of my open mascara tube the other day and got black mascara all over his mouth. I'm just now asking myself why I didn't get a pic. Maybe because I felt like a bad mom. But it was pretty funny!
Davis applied for his first job last night. WAHOO!!! The process has officially started! Let me tell you how excited I am about Davis just being able to APPLY for a REAL job. Feels so unreal. He's been in school our entire 5 year marriage. But a real job is only months away. Davis finished his Norfolk rotation on Friday. I'm glad he doesn't have any more rotations until next semester. It's hard having him away.
And me. Let's see, umm, we had Super Saturday on Saturday. Went pretty good. Went longer than planned, but I think my class went well. I'm so happy to have it finally over. I got pretty stressed out about it. Had zits all over my chin. I've been training for a 1/2 marathon. I'm not running the Richmond 1/2 because it's a bit expensive, but I think I'll create my own "Linda's 1/2 marathon". Hopefully I can drag a few friends out to cheer me on at the finish or something. We'll see. Maybe I'll just train and just be happy that I just trained for it.
Well sorry for all the wordage. Just wanted to write it all down. Someday (read: when Davis has a job) we'll pay to have this blog printed into a book. If anyone is interested, I found this awesome website that does it: blurb.com. I hear they do a good job at a decent price.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It's always fun to hear about what's going on! Gavin is growing up so fast! I can't believe he will be 1 soon! When is his birthday? Joel is turning 2 at the end of Nov. Good job on the 1/2 marathon! If I was there I would definetly cheer you on!!!! Congrats on being able to apply. It's exciting!
Congrats to you (and Davis) on almost being done! I know how you feel about FINALLY getting a real job. We will get one after 14 years of marriage. can't wait! :)
Good luck with your training. You are amazing! Hey thanks for the website that prints up blogs. I want to do that! Then maybe I won't feel so behind on my scrapbooking. . .:)
How fun!! Love all the updates... Sounds like Gavin is growing too fast~ Hmmm... wished that they would stop doing that!!!! :) It would be nice if we could just keep them little forever. Anyway how exciting, Congrats on the job application!
Post a Comment