Wednesday, December 9

First Steps!

Gavin took his first steps yesterday!! It was so cute! I was sitting on the love seat watching him play with his new "Music and Grooves" table and he made his way to the end of the table and took the last two steps to me on his own! aww, so cute! I don't think he really thought about it, he just did it. Because I couldn't get him to do it again for a little while. Then right before bed last night, I got him to do it a couple more times while I tried to get it on the Flip. To no avail. By the time I had the timing down to get him balanced on his feet, the video in position and on, he'd figured out how to bend over and put his hands on the ground and sit down. So I don't really have a good video. yet. little Stinker. Now if his daddy had been home, I would have been able to easily get it on tape.... (Davis is in Martinsville doing an extra endo rotation)
 
Here's my little Elf trying to help mommy decorate for Christmas. Oh so helpful!

Gavin has also been army crawling for a couple weeks now. He doesn't go far, but he has figured out how to move forward on his stomach at least.

Also in other news, we went to Roanoke this last weekend for a second interview for Davis. It went well. We really liked the dentist and the city. We had a bit of a problem with the hotels though. We booked a hotel online but when we got there, it was kinda scary. When I asked the front desk lady if it was safe, she told me they have a security guard that goes around every couple hours. So we immediately left and found another hotel. Which was a nice one, but the bed was worse than cardboard. None of us slept very well either night. On Saturday, we went to Martinsville to check out the city. A dentist that was selling his practice offered to show Davis and I around Martinsville and take us out to lunch. The practice opportunity was good, but the location and clinic, not so much. We had fun seeing new parts of Virginia and finding cute antique shops along the way. It was a nice break for us. And it was the first time we'd slept in a hotel since like our wedding. Pathetic I know, but I was really excited to stay in a hotel! Sad, huh! The student life is sure getting old!

Oh and I also wanted to record that my craft blog is really starting to pick up. I've started to earn a little money with it. Cool huh! yippee!

3 comments:

Charisse said...

That is soo great & exciting!! Lil man is getting so big! Go Gavin!! You'll have to fill me in on the new blog developments...that is really cool too! (sorry for all the exclamation points, this was just a post full o' fun :)

Us Bailey's said...

Isn't it so fun when they start walking!!!! (Joel was furniture crawling at 6 months -- and it took until after he was 1 and a few christmas carmels to get him to walk on his own!!!) I'm sure you will get it on video and I can't wait to see it! Good luck on interviews! It's a very interesting time of life isn't it! Good luck!

mckenna said...

Yay for Gavin! Yay for hotels! And yay for money! :) I'm the same way with hotels. We usually stay with family, so a hotel is a special treat. :) And I adore your craft blog. It's got me working on my home a little more, which helps me feel good about myself. So thanks!