Monday, December 28

December Update


Wow, I've been really bad about posting on this blog. Sorry! We just got back from Utah last night. Crystal, my lil sis, got married on the 19th. It was fun seeing her get married. Flying was very interesting. Our last flight we sat in front of a gentleman with Terrets Syndrome. (sorry, I don't know how to spell Terrets) So every once in a while he'd yell something. Then Gavin slept a total of 30 minutes the entire day. ugh. And then threw up on the that last flight. I think it was a good thing that all happened on the last flight and not the first! lol Anyways, right now it's 1:00am and I can't sleep. So if I don't make sense, that's why. This is why I hate naps! On to better things....

Gavin sat on Santa's lap for the first time this year. Last year he didn't get to because our doctor didn't want him in big crowds due to how little he was. Gavin was a little unsure at first, but then grabbed his beard with both hands and pulled. It was funny! Gavin got to see Santa at the scrapbook store where I work. Best part was, it was free. yay!

Gavin got this music and grooves activity table for Christmas. He loves it! Best $18 we ever spent on him! He also got PJ's, a Tonka truck, toys, and some 18mo clothes.

On Dec. 14, we went to the Richmond Zoo for the first time. Gavin thought everything was a "puppy". Let me tell you, I've never seen so many strange looking puppies! lol Yep, even rhino's were a puppy for a day :) The Richmond Zoo was a fun experience. For those who don't live around here, the zoo is owned by a local family. It is the cleanest and coolest zoo you've ever been to. You can feed every animal and you can get really close to them. The giraffes were our favorite to feed. Their purple tongues were so long!

 
Gavin petting the giraffe.

And here's a few recent shots of Gavin. I haven't uploaded our UT pics yet. These are from a few weeks ago.
 
 Gavin in his puppy hat that we're borrowing from a friend.

Gavin and his "fishies". (that's what he calls fish crackers)

Well I better get to bed. Davis is leaving in like 3 hours for an interview in Northern Virginia. And then tomorrow (tuesday), he's going back to Roanoke for a 3rd interview. Things are starting to pick up with the job hunt. It's exciting, but scary. Today's interview is going to be very grueling. He'll be interviewed by 4 people and then have to do a molar root canal access. Plus he already did a personality test for this interview as well. Talk about indepth interview. It's worse than dental school interviews!
Anyways, Good luck Davis!! You'll do awesome!

2 comments:

Kati said...

I hope the interviews went well and continue to go well! That is so exciting!!! Gavin is adorable as usual!

The Fifes said...

so glad you were able to sneak away to Utah for some family time. Hope Davis did well in his interview!